Dadasaheb Phalke Award to Indian film veteransBy BOC Editorial on May 7, 2009
MUMBAI: Indian film industry veterans Arjan Lulla, who is the founder of Eros International and Balram Ahuja of Ahuja Films and R.M Ahuja & Co have been honored with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
Lulla received the award for globalizing Indian cinema, whereas Ahuja has been conferred the award for his contribution in the field of distribution and finance feature films since the last 50 years.
They were honored in a ceremony that was held in Mumbai on 4 May. Lulla founded Eros in 1977, when he started the venture to export Indian films.
On the other hand, Ahuja entered the film industry in 1959 and is actively involved even today. He has been associated with various producers namely Ratan Mohan, Harish Shah, Vinod Shah, F.C.Mehra, Jugal Kishore, Subhash Desai, Manmohan Desai, Feroz Khan,Ram Maheshwary, Panalal Maheshwary, Banny Talwar and Tejnath Zar amongst others.
GET BOC ON FACEBOOK!
BOC FEEDBusinessofCinema News Network | 2013/12/07
R… Rajkumar, starring Shahid Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, arrived this Friday. The film mostly got bad reviews, and failed to impress the critics.
- Copyright Businessofcinema Entertainment Pvt Ltd 2013. This service is provided on BusinessofCinema.com.This website is published by Businessofcinema Entertainment Pvt Ltd BusinessofCinema.com, K 11, Laxmi Industrial Estate, Andheri (W), Mumbai - 400 053.
- BOX OFFICE: R… Rajkumar – Average Day 1, Yet Shahid Kapoor’s Highest Collection
- “Marry Me, Shahid!” Young Girl-Fans Of Shahid Kapoor Go Berserk!
- Bigg Boss 7: Sofia Hayat Evicted, A Forgone Conclusion?
- Bigg Boss 7: Kajol Finally Breaks Her Silence On Tanisha
- SHOCKING: Bruna Abdullah Evicted From Nach Baliye 6