Gulshan Behl to remake Sikander-E-AzamBy Johnny Vaz on November 28, 2006
MUMBAI: Veteran film maker Gulshan Behl, who made the classic Sikandar-E-Azam in 1965 under the banner of N.C. Films, is planning to remake his film after 41 years.
The original was directed by Kedar Kapoor and starred Prithviraj Kapoor, Dara Singh, Mumtaz, Veena, Helen, Prem Chopra and Premnath. The remake will be directed by Anil Sharma.
Behl says, “I am going to remake my historical classic. I have hired the services of four writers for scripting this colossal movie. Except for minor changes, we will retain the original version but we will keep in mind the current trend. After the completion of the first copy, I will approach Anil Sharma for the direction. He is the right man to justify Sikandar-E-Azam. My son Rumi Behl will look after the project and it will be made on a huge scale. The remake will have the famous original song track “Jahan Daal Daal Par,” which was composed by Hansraj Behl.”
The film is expected to roll in mid 2007.
GET BOC ON FACEBOOK!
BOC FEEDNiyati Khanna | 2013/12/13
Salman Khan's Jai Ho is poised to become India's biggest film ever. The power of India's biggest superstar meets the common man. What happens then?
- Copyright Businessofcinema Entertainment Pvt Ltd 2013. This service is provided on BusinessofCinema.com.This website is published by Businessofcinema Entertainment Pvt Ltd BusinessofCinema.com, K 11, Laxmi Industrial Estate, Andheri (W), Mumbai - 400 053.
- 60 Seconds Of Salman Khan’s Jai Ho; “Mega Blockbuster” Written All Over It!
- Bigg Boss 7: Sunny Leone Arrives, Sangram New Captain, Wins Grand Finale Ticket
- Rajinikanth Turns 63: Super Birthday Celebrations In Bangalore
- Rani Mukerji, Dharmendra, Asha Parekh At Dilip Kumar’s Birthday Celebrations
- Salman Khan’s Jai Ho All Set For A Road Block!