Paritosh Painter appointed as creative consultant for Sri Adhikari Brothers’ new channels

MUMBAI: Theatre, TV and film personality Paritosh Painter has been appointed by Sri Adhikari Brothers as a creative consultant for their three new Hindi general entertainment channels with a regional twist – namely Dabangg, Dhamaal, and Dhamakaa.

The three Hindi comedy channels laced with a thriller quotient and a region-specific touch addressing three regions are – Dabangg in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttaranchal belt; Dhamaal in the Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh areas, and Dhamakaa for the Gujarat audiences.

Sri Adhikari Brothers’ Markand Adikari said, "We are taking special care to ensure that content is tailored for audiences as per their region by including some popular artists from that region, who will appeal to the local audience. Special programmes and formats have been designed keeping the regional appeal in mind. Paritosh is has a great sense of comedy, and a perfect man who understand all the three mediums theatre, TV and Films. His expertise will help us evolve shows which will strike a chord with the audience."

The channels will follow a unified baseline strategy tagged Chill and Thrill, with a content mix of 75 per cent comedy shows, while the remaining 25 per cent will comprise thriller and supernatural shows. Adhikari explained, "Content for all channels is being differentiated by adding some regional flavours. Every channel will be adequately localised with programmes and gags having a local touch to add a regional feel."

Paritosh Painter said, "Along with the regional touch, they are giving the shows a national feel by portraying real life situations which people can relate to. Comedies with regional are nothing new, but our humor will be different. We are trying to pick things that happen in the lives of people everyday. We are in a zonw where people will identify with the situations in our shows."

The programming will be produced internally, backed with the library collection owned by Adhikari. Talking on the fresh content offered by the channels, he added, "We are starting with 3.5 – 4 hours of fresh programming, which is substantially a good number for a new channel to start with. Our fresh programming consists of various sitcoms – Hasya Kavi Sammelan to be hosted by Shailesh Lodha, stand up comedy shows and much more."

Comments

comments