Mumbai: Percept Picture Company has outlined a ‘Jumbo’ sized marketing and promotion plan for its upcoming animation flick Jumbo, which will release on 25 December.
Jumbo is a Thai animation film on the life of an elephant, which has been repackaged and put together for the Indian population with actors like Akshay Kumar, Dimple Kapadia, Lara Dutta, Gulshan Grover and Rajpal Yadav lending their voices for the animated creatures.
Kumar, who has dubbed for one of the elephants, has volunteered to be the face of the movie. Kumar’s photo is on every poster and hoarding along with animated characters; and a song christened Jumbo Anthem has been shot and picturized on Kumar singing Everything’s Gonna Be Alright!
Kumar has already made an appearance on the final show of Bigg Boss to promote Jumbo. Neo Sports also tied up with Jumbo for the India-England series and roped in Kumar for a host of activities including a contest named – Jumbo of the Match. While some of Jumbo’s marketing activities have already unleashed, others will pick pace from 9 December.
Percept Picture Company CEO Navin Shah said, "We have worked upon 40 different tie ups for Jumbo ranging from brands, media, schools and activities such as puppet shows and theater shows amongst many others. The entire promotional activity’s worth is in the range of Rs 300 million (Rs 30 crores), which is the highest ever for any movie, till date."
With a target group defined from the age of 6 to 60, the marketing activity spreads from schools to news channels. Listed below are few of them.
– A slot named Everything’s Gonna Be Alright on CNBC TV 18 channel correlating with the current stock market scenario.
– Institutional tie ups with various schools, which have ensured a pre sale of 20,000 tickets.
– Merchandise launch in 22 various categories such as stationary, toys, apparels amongst others.
– A tie up with Asian Paints for Jumbo theme bedroom designs, which will also be included in their catalogues.
– Puppet shows of Jumbo at malls and multiplexes with Rajpal Yadav during the week of release of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
– Cricketer Yuvraj Singh has already been felicitated as the ‘Jumbo Cricketer of the year’, and Darsheel Safary is to be felicitated as ‘Jumbo Kid of the year’. Such felicitations will be held in categories of Jumbo Businessman and Jumbo Designer as well.
– Kids channel Nick is promoting a contest with an opportunity for the winner to meet and greet Akshay Kumar.
– A theatre play titled Jumbo on the lines of Lion King Musical is also on the cards. The play will start post the film’s release, in January.
– Home grown fast food vada pav joint Jumbo King too has been roped in for the marketing activity where merchandise of Jumbo will be sold across the counter.