Mumbai: Om Shanti Om and Roadside Romeo have won the top honours at the 24 FPS Animation Awards organised by Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics.
While OSO won the award for the Best VFX Feature Film for 2008, Roadside Romeo bagged the award for the Best Animation Feature Film 2008.
Post production and VFX studio Prime Focus won the award for Outstanding Contribution to Indian Visual Effects industry.
The Visual Effects in motion picture category was added this year to the awards.
The other highlight of this year’s 24 FPS animation award was the Movers ‘n’ Shakers Award conferred to Yash Raj Studios and Prime Focus received the award for Outstanding Contribution to Visual Effects Industry.
The awards are judged by a panel of experts from the global animation fraternity.
MEL managing director Ronald D’mello said, "24 FPS Animation Awards has raised the bar yet again. With over 600 participants this year, the Indian animation industry is definitely reshaping itself. I’m simply overwhelmed with the skills, production quality that have churned some outstanding animation films that stand apart in creativity, entertain the audience and yet convey the gravity of the subject at hand. This year we have included VFX in motion pictures as a category which has catapulted the spectrum to different level."
The list of winners are as follows:
1. Outstanding Contribution to Indian Visual Effects industry – Prime Focus
2. Best VFX Feature Film for 2008 – Om Shanti Om
3. Best Animation Feature Film 2008 – Roadside Romeo
4. Best Television Commercial 2008 – Alpenlibe, Rhythm & Hues
5. Movers & Shakers 2008 – Yash Raj Studios for Roadside Romeo
6. Best Animated Short Film: Production House / Professional Category – Simpoo KBC, Vaibhav Studio’s
7. Best VFX Short: Production House / Professional Category – Alpenlibe, Rhythm & Hues
8. Best 3D animated Short Film: Student Individual Category – Help, Elton from MAAC Thane
9. Best 2D Animated Short Film: Student Individual Category – Arjun, Ajay Singh for IDC, IIT Mumbai.
10. Best VFX Short: Student Individual Category – Butterflies Fly, Mayur Kartik from MAAC Noida, UP.
11. Best Vfx Short: Student Team ( Open ) Category – Mirror Of Faint, Maac Preet Vihar, New Delhi.
12. Best Animated Short Film: Student Team ( Open ) Category – Who’s Next, Graphiti School Of Animation
13. Best Pre Production ( Maac ) – Puzzle Up, Maac Baroda
14. Best Modeling & Texturing (Maac ) – Ok Tata Bye Bye, Maac Pitampura, New Delhi
15. Best Lighting & Cinematography ( Maac ) – Ok Tata Bye Bye, Maac Pitampura, New Delhi
16. Best Animation ( Maac ) – Dug Dugi, Maac Jaipur
17. Best Animated Film: Studentteam Category (MAAC)
Bronze – Jugnu, MAAC Thane
Silver – Puzzle Up, MAAC Baroda
Gold – OK Tata Bye Bye, MAAC Pitampura, New Delhi