MUMBAI: Whistling Woods International (WWI) will showcase the films made by nine of its students at the 62nd Cannes Film Festival. The films will be shown at the Short Film Corner. The festival will be held from 13 – 24 May.
Whistling Woods International chairman Subhash Ghai said, "This is truly a fantastic honour. Having our student films being screened at Cannes is a huge exposure and motivation for the students. At Whistling Woods International we have consciously looked at imparting world class education in line with current industry trends. This recognition is a result of our sincerity towards achieving this goal. The students have spared no efforts in partaking of this training. I look forward to people’s reaction to our students’ films which will be showcased at the festival."
The short films which will be showcased at the festival are:
1. Ek Tha Main: (Directed by Paras Chakravarti who is currently working with Mukta Arts).
2. Roorkee By-Pass: (Directed by Arundathi Sen Verma who is currently working with Anil Kapoor Productions).
3. Tuesday: (Produced by Vishal Gandhi who is working with Red Chillies Entertainment)
4. Tying Strings and Shame: (Directed by Ataullah Hossain who is currently working with director Anurag Kashyap).
5. NEWS: (Directed by Sarvesh Mewara who is currently working with Mukta Arts).
6. Gir Gaya: (Directed by Chirag Arora).
7. Ansuni: (Directed by Sunny Bhambani and produced by Chaitally Parmar who are currently working with Mukta Arts).
8. A Writer’s Affair: (Produced by Aditi Anand who is currently working with Walkwater Films).
9. Shoot: (Produced by Surendra Pratap who is currently working with Fox Star Studios).