MUMBAI: Subhash Ghai’s ambitious venture Whistling Woods International inaugurated its on-campus, state-of-the-art film and TV studios and the Audeus Block in Mumbai on Thursday.
The studios were inaugurated by composer A R Rahman. Also present on the occasion were Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Vishal Bharadwaj, Anil Kapoor and other members of the entertainment industry.
“Our idea is to provide the best facilities to our students, in order to train them in the latest technology that is being used for filmmaking today. At Whistling Woods, we combine creativity and hard work with cutting edge, state-of-the-art technology to get the best out of our students,” says Whistling Woods International chairman Subhash Ghai.
Based in Film City (Goregaon, Mumbai) and promoted by Mukta Arts Ltd and Film City, Whistling Woods International provides training across all technical and creative aspects of filmmaking, television, animation and other media arts as part of a two-year intensive hands-on training programme.
The new film and TV studios and the Audeus Block include:
- 40’x60′, Double Height, Air-conditioned, Film shooting studio
- 40’x60′, Double Height, Acoustically treated, Air-conditioned Television shooting studio with a fully motorised Canara lighting grid with separate control rooms for sound, lights and video recording.
- 48 Track, 5.1 surround Music Recording Studio
- One Digital Audio Workstation suite
- A Midi Lab
- A Non-Linear DV/HDV Edit Lab