All you Shah Rukh Khan fans can finally rejoice: the day of celebration is nearly upon us! Another big- ticket SRK release is about to hit theatres all over the country (and world!) tomorrow. Here’s a lowdown of the top 10 reasons why ‘Chennai Express’ is a must-must-must watch!
10. All the Rajini Fans *THALAIVA*, Don’t miss the chance *THALAIVA*: SRK has paid tribute to the inimitable, evergreen, behemoth southern superstar Rajinikanth, in the special song ‘Lungi Dance’. Rapper Honey Singh has created this special song, which pays homage to the ‘Boss’ aka Rajini sir. The lead pair have even shot a crazily fun video for it, so make sure you don’t miss it
9. Rohit Shetty’s brand of humour: Shetty, famous for comic capers like ‘Golmaal’ and ‘Bol Bachchan’ calls ‘Chennai Express’ his Eid gift for fans. The film looks like it’s got all the Rohit Shetty staples: action, comedy, romance, car chases, and how could we forget: those dozens of cars exploding for no reason.
8. Kashmir Main, Tu Kanyakumari: The film is a romance-comedy saga between a North Indian man (Rahul, naam toh suna hoga) and a South Indian girl (Meena). National integration at its best, and with Independence Day just round the corner, what better way to celebrate our oneness?
7. “Kahaan Se Kharidi Aisi Bakhwaas Dictionary??”: Deepika Padukone has seemingly gone all-out to get the South Indian accent down pat, and reportedly SRK even helped her by making her watch loads of Tamil films. Now that’s called attention to detail!
6. Music: The music, composed by duo Vishal-Shekhar has already captured the imagination of the country. Vishal-Shekhar have upped the ante, and ‘Chennai Express’ is comparable, if not better, than their previous hit albums like ‘Ra.One’, ‘Tashan’ and ‘Om Shanti Om’, to name a few. 1,2,3,4.. Get On the Dance Floor!
5. Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty together: This was a casting coup of sorts. Rohit has previously worked with superstars like Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor, but getting SRK to sign on for his film was a dream come true. Fans will be eager to see how this pairing translates on screen.
4. Get on the train babyy: The last Bollywood train-film, ‘Jab We Met’, was a blockbuster hit. SRK’s last appearance atop a train (in that ever-famous song from ‘Dil Se’, i.e. Chaiyya Chaiyya) had the entire country’s pulse racing. So it will definitely be incredible to see Shah Rukh Khan do an encore act, on the train.
3. S.P Balasubramanyam: The deep baritone and honey-smooth vocals of SRK’s arch rival Salman Khan’s playback singer S.P Balasubramanyam have been employed for the title track of ‘Chennai Express’. It should be a nice change to hear S.P sir’s vocals being picturised on the King of Romance.
2. Om Shanti Om: This is Shah Rukh Khan’s second on-screen outing with Deepika, after romancing her in her debut film ‘Om Shanti Om’. Their chemistry has been mind blowing since 2007, and having them reprise it now again is the icing on the cake. Their off-screen camaraderie too has been evident at the hundreds of promotional events they’ve attended.
1. Shah Rukh Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Shah Rukh Khan: This man is reason enough to watch the film for most people.
‘Chennai Express’ is SRK’s big release after last year’s super hit ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is also his only release in 2013. The superstar has travelled the length and breadth of this country to promote the film. He looks better than ever. He’s danced better than ever. His coming timing looks spot on. NEED WE SAY MORE?!
‘Chennai Express’, directed by Rohit Shetty and produced by Red Chillies Entertainment, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, releases on 9 August, 2013.
With the release of ‘Chennai Express’ a little over a day away, promotions for the film show no signs of stopping down.
Shah Rukh Khan was spotted jazzing things up at the Novotel hotel, Mumbai at an event hosted by Western Union. Wearing a light shirt and vest, SRK looked his dashing self! His reel better half Deepika Padukone however, was missing from action