The Indian film industry has been spending a huge amount of money in making films.
Bollywood has become an inseparable part of India. We Indians love watching movies as a source of entertainment. A lot of us are crazy for some of the actors while some others are crazy for some of the films.
We finish watching a film in two to three hours. But do you all know how much amount of money has been put in the blockbuster movies which you all love? Here are the ten most expensive Indian films of all time:
Click Next To Read More
1. 2.0 – Rs 450 crore: It is the sequel to the 2010 release Enthiran, which was released as Robot in its Hindi version. The film stars Rajnikanth in the main lead along with Akshay Kumar in the negative role. S Shankar’s 2.0 is yet to release but is going to be the most expensive Indian film.
2. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Rs 250 crore: Going to be the highest grossing film of the Indian film industry, Baahubali 2 has been made on a huge budget. SS Rajamouli’s film has shattered all the box-office records and is very close to cross the Rs 1000 crore mark.
3. Baahubali: The Beginning – Rs 180 crore: Released in 2015, the first part of the Baahubali series created that buzz which is now benefitting its second part. The fact that the film was made on such a huge budget became one of the reasons why people went to the cinemas to watch it.
4. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo – Rs 175 crore: The Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor starrer Prem Ratan Dhan Payo was made on a huge budget as well. This film was the comeback of Sooraj Barjatya and Salman Khan’s collaboration for a family drama film.
5. Dhoom 3 – Rs 175 crore: Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer action-thriller film had a long trail of action sequences, which obviously required a huge sum of money. A major part of the film was shot in a foreign land, which made it quite expensive.
6. Dilwale – Rs 165 crore: Rohit Shetty’s multi-starrer Dilwale was the comeback film of the famous Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s jodi. But the film, at the time of release, clashed with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Bajirao Mastani, which affected the film’s box-office collection a lot.
7. Bang Bang – Rs 160 crore: Shot in India as well as around the world, this romantic action thriller had a sizzling chemistry between Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif. The film was shot in exotic locations like Thailand, Greece, Abu Dhabi, Prague and many others.
8. Happy New Year – Rs 150 crore: Farah Khan’s multi-starrer was shot on the famous Atlantis, The Palm Island of Dubai. Starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani and a few others, the film cost a huge amount to the Producers.
9. Bajirao Mastani – Rs 145 crore: Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone starrer Bajirao Mastani had an awesome production design, expensive sets and the costly war scenes, which explains the big budget of the film. Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period drama was high on quality content.
10. Sultan – Rs 140 crore: Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma starrer film, which actually did not need such a big budget. But owing to the big star cast of the film, the expenses had to be high.