Bollywood celebs have their unique stories on how they spent their first salary.
The big Bollywood celebs like Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan, are indeed big stars today. But they did not started off as big as they have become now. Each of them have their own stories which are unique in itself.
From working as a waitress to giving tuition to school children, some of these stars have faced a hard time in their lives. As interesting as their profession is, equally interesting is to know how they spent their first salary.
Here’s a list of Bollywood celebs with their first profession and how they spent their first pay:
1. Priyanka Chopra: PC has indeed become an international icon today and is earning a hell lot of money. But her first salary was as less as Rs 5000. She did not use it for herself and gave it all to her mother, who kept it untouched and safe in a locker.
2. Jacqueline Fernandez: A Sri Lankan beauty, who has now become a famous Bollywood actress, has done photoshoots in her earlier days to earn money. When asked upon as to how she spent it, the actress informed, “I was 14 and I had my eyes set on this Gucci bag and for that, I saved not my first, but several pay cheques. I earned those by doing a photo shoot for an Arabic clothing line. However, it wasn’t like a fancy buy. It was the tiniest Gucci bag, and also the cheapest in their store at that time!”
3. Arjun Kapoor: Belonging to a filmy family, Arjun didn’t have to struggle too much for money and had earned Rs 35000 as his first salary. He told, “I earned my first salary working as an Assistant Director to Nikhil Advani on Kal Ho Na Ho. I was 18. I remember I didn’t want to buy anything – I just gave it all to my parents and got them to open a bank account for me.”
4. Richa Chaddha: The versatile actress Richa Chaddha earned her first when she performed a Rabindra Dance Recital for Doordarshan. She was paid a small amount of Rs 200 for that, which like a good child, she gave it to her father.
5. Kalki Koechlin: Kalki in her days back in London has even worked as a waitress. She said, “I remember I worked as a waitress in a London cafe, that was my first job so to speak. The minute I got the money, I cleared my rent with it!”
6. Irrfan Khan: Struggling in his early days, Irrfan Khan has given tutions to school kids. He told, “I was in high school but was giving tuitions on the side for some extra money. I used to earn Rs. 25 per student by giving lessons to school kids in Jaipur. Travelling to and fro was tough so when I had saved enough from the classes, I bought myself a bicycle to make the commute easy.”
7. Randeep Hooda: Working as a car wash guy, Randeep was the one sending his first salary on a beer can. He said, “In my early 20s, I was in Australia and got a summer job as a car-washing guy. I got paid, like 40 dollars or something and I remember I immediately bought a can of beer.”