BOX OFFICE: Himmatwala’s ‘Himmat’ Shattering 3 Day TotalBy BusinessofCinema News Network on April 1, 2013
MUMBAI: Sajid Khan’s ‘Himmatwala’, produced by UTV Motion Pictures, starring Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamannaah, has closed at a low 3 day total at the box office.
‘Himmatwala’ opened on Good Friday- March 29, 2013 with decent collections in the range of Rs 118.2 million (Rs 11.82 crore net) on Day 1. As reported, the bad reviews caught up with the film, with the business plummeting to a dismal approximate Rs 83.5 million (Rs 8.35 crore) net on Saturday, Day 2.
On Day 3, Sunday the film saw a very mild up swing.
The three day total for the film stands at a dismal Rs 292.7 million (Rs 29.27 crore) net.
Understandably, ‘Himmatwala’ did better in mass circuits and single screen theatres, than in elite bigger cities.
Being panned across the board for it’s silliness and relative stupidity, Sajid Khan’s ‘Himmatwala, a remake of the 1983 film, has not managed to impress critics or even audiences.
You may also like...
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
- Copyright Businessofcinema India Pvt Ltd 2006 - 2015. This service is provided on BusinessofCinema.com. Shop 11 Navyug Mansion Sleater Rd, Mumbai -400007
- Rithvik Dhanjani To Make Bollywood Debut With Ekta Kapoor’s XXX
- Style Talk Of The Week: Sonam Kapoor’s Confident Or Katrina Kaif’s Lovely Look?
- Shraddha Kapoor’s Brother Siddhanth Meets With An Accident On Bombairiya Sets
- Pandaga Chesko Trailer: Telugu Film Starring Rakul Preet Singh And Sonal Chauhan
- Don’t Miss: Priyanka Chopra And Ranveer Singh Have Got Someone Bigger In Competition