BOX OFFICE: Himmatwala’s ‘Himmat’ Shattering 3 Day TotalBy BusinessofCinema News Network on April 1, 2013
MUMBAI: Sajid Khan’s ‘Himmatwala’, produced by UTV Motion Pictures, starring Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamannaah, has closed at a low 3 day total at the box office.
‘Himmatwala’ opened on Good Friday- March 29, 2013 with decent collections in the range of Rs 118.2 million (Rs 11.82 crore net) on Day 1. As reported, the bad reviews caught up with the film, with the business plummeting to a dismal approximate Rs 83.5 million (Rs 8.35 crore) net on Saturday, Day 2.
On Day 3, Sunday the film saw a very mild up swing.
The three day total for the film stands at a dismal Rs 292.7 million (Rs 29.27 crore) net.
Understandably, ‘Himmatwala’ did better in mass circuits and single screen theatres, than in elite bigger cities.
Being panned across the board for it’s silliness and relative stupidity, Sajid Khan’s ‘Himmatwala, a remake of the 1983 film, has not managed to impress critics or even audiences.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
- Copyright Businessofcinema India Pvt Ltd 2006 - 2015. This service is provided on BusinessofCinema.com. Shop 11 Navyug Mansion Sleater Rd, Mumbai -400007
- Watch: Hrithik Roshan’s Reaction After Hearing Anil Kapoor’s Real Age!
- Priyanka Chopra Speaks Up On Racism She Faced In America
- Pawn Sacrifice Official Trailer: Tobey Maguire Is The New Chess Master
- All You Need To Know About The Little Girl Of Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Why Is Sidharth Malhotra Watching Shah Rukh Khan Films?