Mumbai: Television programming from France’s networks including TF1, France Télévisions, Arté, Mediatoon’s Dargaud TV and Dupuis TV, along with hit US shows from The Walt Disney Company and MTV Networks is now available on Apple’s iTunes Store in France (www.itunes.fr).
iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of primetime favorites including La main blanche, Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant, Coeur Océan, Spirou et Fantasio, Lucky Luke and Le dessous des cartes, as well as Emmy Award-winning programs Lost, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty and South Park.
"iTunes is the number one digital music store in France and we’re off to a great start with TV shows," said Apple vice president Eddy Cue. "We’re thrilled to launch with over 25 programs and 450 episodes available on the iTunes Store in France."
Television shows purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store can be viewed on a Mac or PC, iPod nano with video, iPod classic, iPod touch, fifth generation iPod, iPhone™ or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV. Television shows are priced at €1.49, €1.99 and €2.49 per episode.
Television programming on the iTunes Store in France includes favorites such as:
* TF1’s VOD subsidiary TF1 Vision’s top shows: crime drama La main blanche and Paris Enquêtes Criminelles as well as selections from cult French comedy performer Coluche.
* France Télévisions’ drama Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant and family soap Coeur Océan.
* Arté’s geopolitical series Le dessous des cartes.
* Dupuis TV’s kids animation Spirou et Fantasio.
* Dargaud TV’s kids animation Les Nouvelles aventures de Lucky Luke.
* Disney-ABC dramas Lost (seasons two-three), Desperate Housewives (seasons one-two) and Ugly Betty (season one).
* MTV Networks hits including Comedy Central’s South Park, Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants and MTV’s Made and Pimp My Ride.