Samuel L Jackson has topped a poll as Hollywood’s coolest actor for his portrayal of Jules Winnfield in cult 1994 movie Pulp Fiction.Jackson beat off competition from screen legend Steve Mcqueen and Brad Pitt, who took second and third place in the list with their respective roles in 1968 movie Bullitt and 1999 thriller Fight Club.
A spokeswoman for British DVD rental firm LoveFilm, who conducted the survey, claim it was Jackson’s “ice-cool charm” in the Quentin Tarantino movie which pipped any other suave star to the post.
The top five coolest screen portrayals are as follows:
1. Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction (1994)
2. Steve Mcqueen in Bullitt (1968)
3. Brad Pitt in Fight Club (1999)
4. Al Pacino in Carlito’s Way (1993)
5. Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest (1975).