Mumbai: The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) will stage the eighth CASBAA Satellite Industry Forum on June 16th in Singapore at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The one-day annual conference provides a dynamic platform for global and regional satellite operators, content providers, satellite manufacturers and government officials to exchange key information on the development of the satellite industry across the Asia Pacific.
David McGlade and Dan Goldberg, the CEOs of global satellite operators Intelsat and Telesat will deliver the keynote addresses. Other featured speakers will include:
• Laureen Ong, COO, STAR Group
• Huang Baozhong ,VP, China Direct Broadcast Satellite
• Jean-Yves Le Gall, Chairman & CEO, Arianespace
• Rob Bednarek, CEO, SES New Skies
• Peter Jackson, CEO, AsiaSat
• Dave Bettinger, CTO, iDirect Technologies
• Tony Colucci, VP Marketing & Sales, Space Systems Loral
• Philip Father, CEO, Protostar
• Shardul Shroff, Managing Partner, Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co.
• Wisnu Wardana, Head of IT Group, BNI
• Tim Floerchinger, Director of Strategic Development, Government Satcom Systems, Viasat
• Tom Choi, CEO, Asia Broadcast Satellite
• Andrew Jordan, President & CEO, SAT-GE
• Dr Ali R. Ebadi, Vice President, Engineering & Operations, MEASAT
Themed Ahead of the Curve, the CASBAA Satellite Industry Forum 2008 will investigate the vast potential for satellite services provided by the increasing appetite for communications products in Asia.
Meanwhile, Satellite Industry Forum panelists will examine issues such as new satellite applications, customer demand, as well as government and military satcom applications.
"The increased demand for spectrum devoted to HDTV, interactive and broadband TV content is boosting the Asian satellite market. We also see unfulfilled demand from undeveloped video services such as mobile TV and Asian VSAT networks," said CASBAA Satellite Industry Committee chairman and Intelsat regional vice president, Asia Pacific David Ball.
"The satellite services industry grows ever stronger in Asia," said CASBAA CEO Simon Twiston Davies. "The CASBAA Satellite Industry Forum remains a premier event for industry leaders to network and discuss the best strategies for business growth."