MUMBAI: Shazam, a mobile music discovery provider, has made available its application for BlackBerry smartphone users; allowing them to discover, purchase and share music anywhere they go.
Shazam on BlackBerry smartphones is a featured application available within BlackBerry App World, the new application store from Research In Motion (RIM), officially launched at CTIA in Las Vegas this week.
Shazam on BlackBerry will include:
* Identify music anywhere: from the radio, TV, film, or in a store by simply holding a BlackBerry smartphone towards the music and selecting ‘Tag Now’.
* Buy music immediately when it’s heard: tag details link directly to Amazon, and other merchants as available, to give users instant access to the music they love and related music merchandise.
* Share the experience: send tags to friends who share same musical taste via SMS, email or BlackBerry PIN messaging.
* Learn more about the music: read track and album reviews, artist biographies and (starting in North America initially) view song lyrics, plus find other music available from the same artist.
* Options to find similar music: discover other music similar to the track users like, to enhance their music collection and knowledge.
* Find out what’s hot and popular: access to Shazam music charts generated by millions of other users in country.
* Music search capabilities: enabling users to easily find music by artist, album or track from a database with over 8 million songs.
“As the global popularity and demand of Shazam continues to expand, we are extremely pleased to deliver a featured application on BlackBerry – one of the most ubiquitous mobile platforms in the world. With Shazam now available on BlackBerry smartphones, users will gain access to a truly unique and enhanced music journey that will change the way music lovers experience mobile music,” said Shazam CEO Andrew Fisher.
“We continue to see increasing demand for multimedia applications and services from our customers and we believe Shazam adds multidimensional value to the mobile music experience for BlackBerry smartphone users. Shazam’s unique features are perfectly suited to the BlackBerry platform. We are very pleased to prominently feature this innovative application in BlackBerry App World,” said Research In Motion vice president Global Alliances Jeff McDowell.