Mumbai: The ELANS officially put out their call to the entire world for Judges to the media and industry professionals in video games, animation and visual effects. Anyone from within these industries who wish to preside over the selection of the final nominees and winners of the third Annual ELANS is invited to apply.
The list of requirements for those interested in becoming a Juror/Judge for the 3rd Annual ELAN Awards put together by Carinici and her Board are:
* Must be a professional working in the video game, animation or visual effects industry;
* Must agree to be placed on the Jury Panel which determines the Final Nominees and the Winner of an Award Category from the area of their expertise (i.e.: Best Sound must have only panel members who work in Music and/or Sound Departments);
* Must speak English fluently;
* If a video game professional, they must have immediate access to and be capable of playing on PS2, PS3, Xbox and Wii as well as own a computer capable of downloading and playing PC Games;
* If an Animation or Visual Effects professional, they must be able to view HD QuickTime files;
* If a media member they must cover the art being decided upon in their award category (i.e.: Technical Innovation categories can only have a Technology Reporter and they must cover that award category’s industry sector).
Submissions are currently open and close on December 5. The producers have extended the Early Bird deadline to November 28 in order to accommodate those submissions coming from outside of North America. "Yesterday I assisted companies with their submissions that were from Germany, Scotland and Chile as well as what felt like all of North America," smiles Carinci. "It’s incredibly exciting for us to see how welcomed we’ve been by the world in our first year going fully international."
Also welcoming and supporting the ELANS are the Seven Group who’s come onboard as an Event Partner and will oversee the technical setup of the surrounding Galas and After-Party (the ELAN’S after-party invite-only list is already a ‘must get’) as well as the Awards Ceremony itself. Founding Partners Radical Entertainment and Relic Entertainment as well as Associate Partners Blue Arc, Hitachi, sgi, SPINVFX and David Kaye Productions have all gotten behind the 3rd ELAN Awards already with enthusiasm to ensure the show’s growth and to be a part of its global success.
The 3rd Annual ELAN Awards will be held on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at the Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts.