MUMBAI: Mithun Chakraborty was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement award at the Stardust Awards 2007 held at the MMRDA grounds in Mumbai on Sunday evening.
A strong Bollywood turnout and a number of performances by actors marked the function, that was compered by filmmaker Kunal Kohli and actor Amrita Arora. Actors Sanjay Dutt and Aishwarya Rai took home the awards for best actor and best actress for their films, Lage Raho Munnabhai and Dhoom:2, respectively.
Among those who performed at the event were Kareena Kapoor, Emraan Hashmi, Lara Dutta, and Kangana Ranaut. Saif Ali Khan, who was scheduled to perform, however, took ill and could not attend the function.
Among those who attended the function were Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Adnan Sami, Kunal Kapoor and Rajkumar Hirani amongst others.
Mithun Chakraborty’s son Mimoh was also present when his father was presented with the lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the Indian film industry and creating a legacy that will never be forgotten.
Since Abhishek Bachchan was shooting in Bikaner, his award for the Best Supporting Actor (male) in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna was received by Amitabh Bachchan, who in turn, gave the award for Best Actor of the year (female) to Aishwarya Rai. On the other hand, Saif Ali Khan’s award for Best Actor in a negative Role (male) for Omkara was collected by producer Kumar Mangat.
The winners of the Stardust Awards 2007 are as follows:
- Star of the Year (Male) – Sanjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
- Star of the Year (Female) – Aishwarya Rai (Dhoom:2)
- Best Actor in a supporting role (Male) – Abhishek Bachchan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
- Best Actress in a supporting role (Female) – Ayesha Takia (Dor)
- Best Actor in a negative Role (Male) – Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)
- Superstar of Tomorrow (Male) – Shiney Ahuja (Gangster)
- Superstar of Tomorrow (Female) – Kangana Ranaut (Gangster)
- Breakthrough Performance Award (Male) – Kunal Kapoor (Rang De Basanti)
- Breakthrough Performance Award (Female) – Gul Panag (Dor)
- The New Menace – Shaad Randhawa (Woh Lamhe)
- Hottest Film Producer – Kumar Mangat (Omkara)
- The Dream Director Award – Rajkumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
- The Hottest Young Filmmaker – Sanjay Gadhvi (Dhoom:2)
- New Musical Sensation (Male) – Zubeen Garg (Ya Ali)
- New Musical Sensation (Female) – Rekha Bharadwaj (Namak Ishq Ka)
- Standout Performance by a Musical Director – Mithoon (Bas Ek Pal)
- Standout Performance by a Lyricist – Virag Mishra (Zinda Hoon Main)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mithun Chakraborty