MUMBAI: Two of Bollywood’s big releases: Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and Ajay Devgn’s ‘Son Of Sardaar’ are releasing the same day. And the superstar, Shah Rukh says he is amused with the row over the two films, especially when everything had been sorted almost a year ago.
Directed by the late Yash Chopra, ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ (JTHJ) is coming out Nov 13 and “Son of Sardaar” (SOS) is also releasing on the same day.
Ajay has filed a complaint with the Competition Commission of India (CCI) alleging that the makers of JTHJ have been blocking the release of his film SOS in certain theatres.
According to SRK, the release date was locked a year ago and the screens were also booked than.
“I find it amusing. This has been decided since a year… They (makers of ‘Son of Sardaar’) must have also known, so what is the problem then? If you have delayed, then it’s not our fault. I just find it wrong,” he added.
The 47-year-old also clarified that they have not forced any exhibitor to showcase their film.
“I don’t understand all this. I feel that the exhibitors represent the consumers to me. As a business person, I cannot assume that anything has been put on anyone by force. They chose the film,” he said.
“We only wish them best and hope that both films do good business,” he added.
While director Ashwni Dhir’s SOS is a comedy, JTHJ is a romantic drama that has two leading ladies – Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif.
Talking about his character in the film, SRK said: “It is about a man who cannot die. Through him we show that love never ceases.”
He added: “I think people will really like the film, I don’t know in figures (box office collection).”
Post ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, the actor will be busy with Rohit Shetty’s ‘Chennai Express’, which also stars Deepika Padukone.
” ‘Chennai Express’ is there at the moment. I am also discussing two or three more films at the moment,” he said.
He plans to start shooting for Farah Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’ soon.