Priyanka Chopra is banking heavily on Mary Kom. Recently, in an interview, she said that if Mary Kom fails, she will be heart broken and we know why she said so. Here are some of the reasons why Mary Kom’s failure could be a death knell for her career.
1. Priyanka Chopra’s last release was Zanjeer which had doom written all over it. An impassive hero reprising Amitabh Bachchan’s powerful character of an inspector that made him the star was the worse decision the makers could take.
2. Priyanka’s role in Zanjeer remake was laughable. Many cracked jokes on her portrayal of an overtly bubbly NRI girl with confused accent.
3. Priyanka Chopra has invested two years of her life in Mary Kom training and understanding the life led by Mary Kom. With such an involvement, a failure means it was a lost cause.
4. It is important for her to give a solo hit so that people stop writing her off at every step. Her singles are also becoming a topic of mockery with people accusing her of using too much of auto tuning.
5. Last time Priyanka worked in a female centric film, she bagged the National Award and if Mary Kom works, she might land another one. After all, they are considered the Oscars of India.
Directed by Omung Kumar, Mary Kom is gearing up for a October 2, 2014 i.e. a Gandhi Jayanti release.
Also See : Bollywood’s Sizzling Hot Kisses