Pakistani actress Mahira Khan made her big Bollywood debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in their recently released film, Raees. The film is getting a huge response and is also doing well at the Box Office since its release. However, Mahira Khan could not be a part of the film’s promotions and success party that happened in Mumbai last month, due to the ban imposed on Pakistani stars from working in India. A few days ago, Mahira addressed the media in Mumbai through video conference where Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and producer Ritesh Sidhwani were also present.
Well, people in Pakistani are quite disappointed as the film has been banned from the release by CBFC, as claimed, for ‘portraying Muslims in a bad light in the film’. Well, the makers are quite disappointed by the decision and are currently dealing with it. Meanwhile, Mahira Khan has become a talk of the town and each one is curious to know about the Pakistani beauty. So here’s a look down to the life of Mahira Khan and her career! From being a single mother to highest paid actress in Pakistan, here’s everything you want to know
CLICK NEXT TO READ!
1. The Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan married to Ali Askari in 2007 despite her father was against their marriage and the two were divorced in 2015. The actress met her husband Ali Askari while studying in Los Angeles but things didn’t work out and the two parted ways. The couple has a son named Azlaan, who was born in 2014 and is currently with mommy Mahira.
2. During her studies in the United States, Khan was a cashier at a Rite Aid store in Los Angeles and used to mop floors, clean toilets, and shut the store at night
3. Her son is the first priority over work and makes sure to do only one film at a time in order to spend time with her son. In a recent interview, Khan said, “I do only one film at a time. My first priority is my child. So it’s a lot of hard work. But it can be done. It’s all about choices. Many times I have to let go of good work. Fortunately, the work I’ve done has worked for me.”
4. In the past, Mahira, during her first visit to India at the launch of television show Humsafar, had told media, ‘I can’t work in Indian shows… they run for too long.’ Surprised, after those statements she managed to grab a big Bollywood movie.
5. She started her career as VJ with MTV’s Most Wanted and Weekends With Mahira in Pakistan. The actress then made her acting debut with Pakistani film Bol in 2011.
6. She returned to hosting again in 2014 with the talk show “TUC The Lighter Side of Life”.
7. Pakistani actors Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan’s flawless and crackling chemistry has been witnessed by the audience in their Pakistani television serial “Humsafar”, which was being aired on Zindagi channel before the ban was imposed on Pakistani shows in India.
8. Mahira is already a popular face in Pakistani and has been doing many television shows. She is also one of the highest paid actresses there.