MUMBAI: Walt Disney Television International (Asia Pacific) swept six awards including two golds and four silvers at the 2006 Promax|BDA Asia Awards held recently in Singapore.
Toon Disney India took two top honors: Best ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Program Promo for Bhoot Power Rangers and Best Interstitial for its Bhoot Rap promo. Disney channels across the region also won four silver Promax awards in various categories. Promax|BDA Awards honor excellence in regional television design and marketing.
Walt Disney Television International (Asia Pacific) senior vice president and managing director Nicky Parkinson said, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œWe are delighted to receive these honors, a great recognition for our teamÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s dedication to creating relevant, entertaining content. These awards also underscore our commitment to producing quality localized content across the region that continues to strengthen our bond with the kids and their families.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
Disney channels won the following awards:
- Gold Award for Toon Disney IndiaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Bhoot Power Rangers in the Best ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Program Promo category
- Gold Award for Toon Disney IndiaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Bhoot Rap in the Best Interstitial category
- Silver Award for Disney Channel IndiaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s ThatÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s So Raven Summer Campaign in Best ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Program Campaign category
- Silver Award for Toon Disney IndiaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Masti Ki Paaathshala in Best Special Event Promo category
- Silver Award for Disney Channel AsiaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Moving In Campaign in Best Holiday/Seasonal PromoÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ category
- Silver Award for Disney Channel AsiaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s EmperorÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s New School ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The Screen Walker in Best Sting category.