PHOTOS: Sanjay Dutt Out Of Prison On Parole For A Month



[tps_footer]Sanjay Dutt was finally released on a thirty-day parole on Saturday, December 21, 2013 from the Yerawada Central Prison in Pune.

Jail superintendent Yogesh Desai informed us that Sanjay Dutt was released at around 10:15AM after completing all the legal formalities. Dutt has been granted this thirty-day parole by Divisional Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh on December 6, 2013 on a surety and personal bond of Rs 5,000 each.

Post his release Sanjay Dutt told the media that there has been no case of favoritism in the process of him getting a parole and clarified that he has got the parole post a thorough process.

Dutt had filed a request for a month parole citing his wife Manyata’s illness in his application, but things became ugly when Manyata was spotted partying which stirred a controversy and invited protests from activists.

“There is a book about the rules and regulation for parole and furlough. Last time I was out on a furlough. This time, it is a parole. Everyday people get out on either a parole or a furlough. So, there is not a case of favoritism towards me,” clarified a relieved Dutt.

Talking about his wife Manyata’s illness, Sanjay Dutt said, “My wife has been detected with a tumor of liver, and it will be examined by the doctors. So, I want everyone to pray for her good health”.

Doctor Ajay Chaughule, a senior heart and cardio thoracic surgeon and heart and lung transplant surgeon at Global Hospital, who examined her, later certified that Manyata has been diagnosed with a tumor in the liver and a suspected heart ailment.

Dutt had surrendered before a TADA court in Mumbai in May 2013 after the Supreme Court delivered a final verdict on the Bollywood actor’s part in the bomb blasts that ripped Mumbai apart in 1993. Dutt was sentenced to six years in jail in 2007, and had his sentence reduced by a year.

Sanjay Dutt had already served eighteen months of his sentence and was sent to prison to serve the remaining forty two months left of the five-year jail term he was handed by the Supreme Court.[/tps_footer]