1. Aishwarya never wanted to become an actress. In fact, she wanted to pursue medicine. Her favourite subject was Zoology and she was a meritorious student. But after modelling happened by accident, acting soon followed.
2. Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian to participate in the famous Oprah Winfrey show in America.
3. Aishwarya‘s first commercial was for Camlin pencils when she was only in standard IX.
4. Aishwarya is the first Bollywood actress to get a wax statue hosted at Madam Tussauds. She joined her father-in-law’s statue soon enough.
5. As a young model, Aishwarya once had a close encounter with actress Rekha in a Mumbai grocery store. Rekha recognized Ash from her ads, tapped her on the shoulder and wished her all the best. She had later done Rekha’s movie Umrao Jaan, along with hubby Abhishek Bachchan.
6. Karan Johar had said once that Aishwarya was one of the nine actresses he had approached to play Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. While rani accepted the role, Ash is the only other actress who called him back to inform that she wouldn’t be able to work in the film as her dates have been blocked by Jeans.