Here’s yet another Bollywood Birthday this week. Kangana Ranaut turns 26! On this occasion we turn back and see the various avatars she has portrayed on the silver screen…
Kangana Ranaut comes from a humble background in Himachal Pradesh and is an extremely emotive actress with her roots in theatre. She debuted in Bollywood with the lead in Anurag Basu’s ‘Gangster’ in 2006. Ever since she has given about 20 films in the short span of only six years and is due to come up with many more…
One striking thing about the glamorous Kangana apart from her great acting skills is that her look changes drastically with every film she does!
Kangana of ‘Gangster’ is strikingly different from that of her role in ‘Game’ and is further different form her role in ‘Tanu Weds Manu’… at times this goes to say that one can’t recognise her on screen; she turns a new person with very new role.
For her 26th birthday, we have a list of five of her performances wherein she portrayed diverse avatars:
5. Kangana played the role of a sexy office goer in ‘Life in a Metro’. She looked all professional with the jackets and glasses workplace look. She also sported more casual attires and at times opted for racy dresses for her love sequences…
4. In ‘Game’ Kangana Ranaut plays a top cop out on an important mission. For this role Kangana’s look was of the most proficient officer; slim pants, shirts tucked in, jacket, a belt and a gun in hand. The best part of the look was the no-nonsense attitude she carried off so perfectly!
3. As an actress from a different period, Kangana’s role in ‘Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai’ required her to don very glamorous outfits. Sarees, Salwar Kurtas, western gowns and heavy stunning jewellery added to the charm of Kangana.
2. Set apart from her roles as a serious person, ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ presents her in a very fun-filled light. Cheerful, Chirpy and Bold; her character and her look. In the film she wears bright coloured kuratas and chunky jewellery. A typical Punjabi girl, her guise perfectly matches her temperament!
1. ‘Fashion’ is one film that is about her look! Playing the part of supermodel Shonali, Kangana wears a plethora of the most amazingly designed dresses and looks dazzling in her character despite of the downfall as per the storyline.
Kangana has a great design sense and is seen around the world making style statements form one event to another. In all her films, Kangana is made up in ways that are so dissimilar to each other that it is difficult to recognise the same actress.
We are in great anticipation of further great looks and power packed acting in her upcoming movies ‘I Love New Year’, ‘Shootout at Wadala’, ‘Queen’ and ‘Rajjo’ in the coming months.
Way to go, Kangana!