[tps_footer]Bollywood actor Salman Khan was breathing the air of freedom after Bombay High Court announced 2002 hit and run case verdict in the actor’s favour. But, it seems problems for the actor don’t end there, as Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis is studying the verdict given by Bombay High Court on December 10.
On Monday, CM Fadnavis said that the state government is still studying the verdict that acquitted Salman Khan of all the charges. The government is studying the verdict, before deciding to challenge the verdict or no and the decision of the same will be taken soon, said Fadnavis.
The time period for studying and coming to the conclusion on the matter has not been given yet. The prosecution in the case is understood to have recommended that an appeal be filed in the Supreme Court.
Sources in the prosecutor’s office had said its recommendation to challenge the High Court’s acquittal order with the opinion that the case was fit for appeal was sent last week to the Maharashtra Home Department.
Salman Khan’s car had met with accident in suburban Bandra on September 28, 2002, killing one person and injuring four. 13 years after the trial began, Salman Khan’s 2002 hit and run case came to end on May 6 where session court found him guilty and sentenced him for five years jail, convicted under all charges.
6 months after he was pronounced guilty by the trial court, on December 10, the Bombay High Court acquitted the 49-year-old star of all the charges in the 2002 hit-and-run case. The court had stated that the prosecution failed to establish any evidence against Salman Khan and that the actor was driving under the influence of alcohol.