The directors this season are all set to keep the romance alive on the silver screen as we slip into dreamy thoughts about our own Valentines…
The season of love and romance is back again. This Valentine’s Day, we set out to see how our Bollywood filmmakers are planning to keep this spirit of romance alive all year round. Here are five film that we look forward to in our Bollywood annum.
5. Aayan Mukherjee’s ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Dewaani’ produced by Dharma Productions stars Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone as the lead actors. Other star cast includes Aditya Roy Kapur and Kalki Koechlin. The story is the romantic life of Bunny (Ranbir) and Billi (Deepika). Bunny moves around the world as a travel journalist (and takes us around as well!) and Billi is the coy girl next door. We look forward to this romantic pair dancing away to glory at most exotic locations and anticipate great chemistry from the duo as first seen in ‘Bachnaa Hai Haseeno’.
This romantic flick, a tribute to Narir Hussain’s Cinema is expected to release on the 31 May 2013 post the IPL season rush.
4. ‘Raanjhnaa’ directed by Anand L. Rai casts Sonam Kapoor and Tamil Superstar, Dhanush in the lead roles while Abhay Deol seen is playing a special appearance. While Sonam plays a student of the JNU Delhi University, there are scenes in the film where the actors have to play roles much younger than their present ages and they have taken up this challenge beautifully. This is Dhanush’s debut Bollywood movie and we look forward to seeing the Tamil star of the ‘Kolaveri Di’ fame portraying a Hindi character. The cherry on the top is A.R. Rahman’s music with Irshad Kamil’s lyrics in a folk-classical style, the personification of love.
The entire preparation promises to be a beautiful heavy romantic film due to be released on 28 June.
3. ‘Lootera’ directed by Vikram Aditya Motwane and co-produced by Balaji Telefilms is touted to be a perfect Bollywood masala film; Love, conflict, timelapse and tragedy. Lovers Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha elope after their parents disapprove of their relationship. But all does not go
well with the love birds and they separate only to be reunited after five years. A tragic incident follows with Sonakshi’s character being terminally ill. The chemistry between two actors is best described as ruggedly handsome.
This 5 July we hope for love setting fire on the silver screen.
2. A ‘Red Chilles production, ‘Chennai Express’ by Rohit Shetty is a RomCom with the King of Romance in Bollywood – SRK. It is a journey of a man from Mumbai to Rameshwarm, packed with slick romance, comedy and the Rohit Shetty brand of action. The successful ‘Om Shanti Om’ pair, Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, is set to do wonders on screen this season.
As for the release date, while no official announcement has been made, reports suggest that the makers are eyeing Salman Khan’s favourite – Eid.
1. ‘Ram Leela’, produced and directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, is based on the epitome of love stories, the Shakespearean classic ‘Romeo and Juliet’. Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone (a third romance film for her, this year!) will be seen essaying the lead roles. The film is set in Gujarat and shot in parts in the Udaipur palace. The beauty of the locations and the great cast
are already promising.
This time we look forward to seeing the very hot Ranveer Singh as a Gujju boy and Deepika in the most dazzling of ghagras a la ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ . This film is due to be released on 29 November 2013