Hollywood hunk Dwayne Johnson also known as The Rock has bid an emotional goodbye to his little adorable puppy Brutus who passed away due to mushroom poisoning recently. Brutus who was termed as a little rebel since the time he was brought home by Dwayne, had been falling into trouble since the time he fell into the pool. Luckily he got saved then, but consumption of a poisonous mushroom took the little canine’s life last night.
Rock’s emotional RIP message for his dog surely touched our hearts as the actor posted a photo of him with Brutus. Brutus who was on life support, was put to sleep by Dwayne and his girlfriend Lauren Hashian. He wrote, “Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.”
Much like little kids, puppies also have the habit of putting any random thing in their mouth without knowing what it is. Similar thing happened to Brutus as the dog was just outside playing in the yard with his puppy brother Hobbs. Brutus accidently ate a mushroom that turned out to have lethal toxicity. According to Johnson’s post, the mushroom rapidly destroyed Brutus’ liver and immune system within hours, killing him slowly.
The actor further made a special request to his fans and followers, “I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.” The actor further ended his sweet goodbye message with an emotional touch. He wrote, “We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime” We wish the actor strength to get through this sorrow!