Film-buffs are in for a major treat as Hollywood offers a line up of action packed movies in 2013.
5. Fast and Furious 6: The ‘Fast and Furious’ series is all set to move away from the underground car-racing theme of the series’ previous films. In its sixth installment known as ‘Fast Six’, the film has an all new plot, written by Chris Morgan and directed by Justin Lin. Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, and Luke Evans will star in this speedy film. The film is scheduled for release on May 24, 2013.
4. Monsters University/ Despicable Me 2: Tied at the 4th spot are two animated films.
‘Monsters University’ is a prequel to ‘Monsters Inc.'(2001). Set about ten years before the events of ‘Monsters, Inc.’, 18-year-old Sulley (voice by John Goodman), and 17-year-old Mike (voice by Billy Crystal) meet in college, the University of Fear, and are in the same fraternity, and not necessarily the best of friends. Produced by Pixar Animation Studios and directed by Dan Scanlon, the film is currently scheduled to be released on June 21, 2013.
‘Despicable Me 2’, a sequel to the extremely cute ‘Despicable Me’, is an upcoming 2013 American 3D computer animated comedy film. Gru, the girls, the unpredictably hilarious minions and a host of new characters return with the voices of Steve Carell, Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove and Kristen Wiig. New cast members include Al Pacino as Gru’s nemesis. Produced by Illumination Entertainment, directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, and written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio, the film is scheduled to be released on July 3, 2013.
3. The Hangover: Part III: With no wedding and no bachelor party, the Wolfpack is set to hit the road. We can’t wait to watch what goes wrong this time. ‘The Hangover Part III’ the final film in ‘The Hangover’ franchise, is a comedy film produced by Legendary Pictures, directed by Todd Phillips and written by Todd and Craig Mazin. It is the sequel to the not so well written ‘The Hangover Part II’ (2011). The film stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis and Justin Bartha and is scheduled for release on May 24, 2013.
2. Iron Man III / Thor: The Dark Worlds / The Wolverine: Three of Hollywood’s best superhero’s are fighting the title for the second most awaited film in our list. In ‘Iron Man 3’ Tony Stark uses his ingenuity to fight those who destroyed his private world and goes up against his most powerful enemy yet: The Mandarin. It is next in the ‘Iron Man series’, after the franchise had a crossover film ‘The Avengers’. Directed by Shane Black and starring Robert Downey, Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Favreau, the movie is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013. And the film will be out in 3D.
Thor, on the other hand, battles an ancient race of Dark Elves led by the vengeful Malekith who threatens to plunge the universe back into darkness after the events of ‘The Avengers’. ‘Thor: The Dark World’ (also known as Thor 2), produced by Marvel Studios is the sequel to ‘Thor’ (2011). Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston, the movie is scheduled to be released on November 8, 2013.
‘The Wolverine’ is the sixth installment in the ‘X-Men’ film series where Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior. It is based on the comic Wolverine written Chris Claremont and Frank Miller’s 1982 limited series. Hugh Jackman plays the title character with James Mangold directing the movie and is scheduled to be released on July 24, 2013.
1. A Good Day to Die Hard: ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ directed by John Moore and written by Skip Woods is the fifth installment of the ‘Die Hard’ film series. Hollywood star Bruce Willis reprises the lead role of John McClane, who travels to Moscow, Russia and is coincidentally caught in the crossfire of a terrorist plot with his estranged son. The fierce action film is set to be released on February 7, 2013.
2013 will surely be an action-packed, 3D year. Which film are you going to be looking out for?