When Love Calls singer Samir Date bounces back!By Ashok Anchan on August 25, 2006
Mumbai: Samir Date, the crooner of the English version of Maine Pyaar Kiya (When Love Calls) is out with his album, Ek Rasta Hai. It has four original numbers with unplugged, instrumental or clubbed versions. Samir Date elucidates, “Music is my passion, not my bread-and-butter. My grand father Ramubhayya Date was a highly respected connoisseur of music in his time in Indore, my father Ravi Date is a well-known music director and my uncle Arun Date is a popular singer.
“I was 17 When I sang the English version of Maine Pyar Kiya (When Love Calls), although I also sang the Rajasthani version. Suresh Wadkar was my guru then. Films like Parampara, Jazbaat and Fauz happened and When Love Calls was a hit in West Indies, Guyana and U.S.A, I got to perform live. 50 episodes for Balaji Telefilms’ musical show Dhum Dhamaka. There is also a Marathi album, Kshitij.” The singer, who’s also a qualified architect and currently involved in the conversion of mill projects, hints at composing film music soon.
GET BOC ON FACEBOOK!
BOC FEEDNiyati Khanna | 2013/12/06
Bigg Boss 7 is now a war-zone. Armaan definitely needs therapy, but this week there are mostly Kushal and Ajaz who need therapy more than Armaan.
- Copyright Businessofcinema Entertainment Pvt Ltd 2013. This service is provided on BusinessofCinema.com.This website is published by Businessofcinema Entertainment Pvt Ltd BusinessofCinema.com, K 11, Laxmi Industrial Estate, Andheri (W), Mumbai - 400 053.
- Bigg Boss 7: Filthy, Abusive War – Kushal VS Armaan, Who Won?
- Aamir Khan: I Have No Intention To Enter Politics
- HIT-AND-RUN CASE: Salman Khan Granted Reprieve In Form Of Fresh Trial
- IBFW 2013 Grand Finale: Abhishek Bachchan, Riteish-Genelia’s Dazzling Act
- LEAKED VIDEO: ‘Bigg Boss 7′ – Armaan’s Sexual Request To Tanisha