MUMBAI: Salman Khan and Asin starrer Ready, which saw a minor drop in collections at the box office on Saturday, has now become the film with the second highest opening weekend net collections after Dabangg.
Owing to the pick up in collections on Sunday, the movie’s opening weekend now stands at Rs 406.5 million (Rs 40.65 crore), which is just behind Dabangg’s Rs 485 million (Rs 48.5 crore).
As was reported by Businessofcinema.com, Ready’s collections on Friday were Rs 131.5 million (Rs 13.15 crore), whereas Saturday saw net collections of Rs 122.5 million (Rs 12.25 crore). On Sunday, the collections were the highest at Rs 152.5 million (Rs 15.25 crore) across India.
Top 5 Opening Weekend Net Box Office Collections:
1) Dabangg: Rs 485 million (Rs 48.5 crore)
2) Ready: Rs 406.5 million (Rs 40.65 crore)
3) 3 Idiots: Rs 400 million (Rs 40 crore)
4) Tees Maar Khan: Rs 380 million (Rs 38 crore)
5) Golmaal 3: Rs 360 million (Rs 36 crore)