Proudly holding a lineage of transforming the lives of many talented young women, who have gone on to become icons in the fashion and glamour industry, fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2018 vows to continue this tradition. In its 55th edition, the most sought after beauty pageant, aims to extend its whole hearted support to the women of today who have the potential to lead and represent the country tomorrow. The winners represent India at Miss World 2018 and many other international pageants.
This year again the pageant will explore potential talent in all 30 states of India (including Delhi), selecting one ambassador who will represent their state at the National Finals. Empowering home-grown talent, these representatives will be titled as fbb Colors Femina Miss India West Bengal 2018, fbb Colors Femina Miss India Punjab 2018 etc, before the final round where the national winners will be crowned.
Miss World 2017, Manushi Chhillar who made India proud, brought the coveted Blue Crown to India after 17 long years.
The fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2018 auditions will be divided across four zones:
Date Day City
9th Feb Friday Vizag
10th Feb Saturday Chennai
11th Feb Sunday Kochi
16th Feb Friday Raipur
17h Feb Saturday Hyderabad
18th Feb Sunday Bangalore
24th Feb Saturday Patna
25th Feb Sunday Bhubaneshwar
4th March Sunday Ranchi
10th March Saturday Guwahati
11th March Sunday Kolkata
16th March Firday Indore
18th March Sunday Jammu
24th March Saturday Dehradun
25th March Sunday Chandigarh
30th March Friday Amritsar
31st March Saturday Kangra
1st April Sunday Lucknow
7th April Saturday Delhi (Noida + Gurgaon)
8th april Sunday Delhi (Vasant Kunj) Final Audition
13th April Friday Jaipur
15th April Sunday Ahmedabad
21st April Saturday Goa
22nd April Sunday Pune
6th May Sunday Mumbai
The Top 3 contestants from every state will be provided a Golden Ticket to the State’s Zonal crowning ceremony which will be held in Bangalore (South Zone) on 24th February, 2018, Kolkata (East Zone) on 17th March, 2018, Delhi (North Zone) on 12th April, 2018 and Pune (West Zone) on 13th May, 2018 where one deserving girl will get a chance to represent her state at the Grand Finale in Mumbai.
KINDLY NOTE: The new format will permit you to audition ONLY if you belong to the audition states as below and have a valid document to prove the same:
1. Birth state: The State mentioned on her Birth certificate
2. Current state: The State where she is currently studying or is employed in.
3. Native State: The State where both or at least one of your parents are residing. The applicant can also apply from either of their parent’s birth state as well.
The participation criteria for any girl includes:- the height criteria is 5’5” and above, age is 18 – 25 (25 as per 31st Dec, 2018) and the swimwear round has been eliminated from the auditions.
Each of the four zones will be led by a celebrity mentor who has been given the responsibility of judging and selecting the best talent from their respective zones while guiding and sharing their experience.
• Neha Dhupia (North Zone) – She’s a fashionista, a former Miss India, an actress, and also a talk show host. Having donned many hats over a period of time, Neha has proven her prowess in every project that she has undertaken. She was the mentor of the same zone last year as well and Manushi was a girl who had been mentored by her since she was from Haryana which comes in her zone.
• Rakul Preet Singh (South Zone) –Rakul Preet Singh is a well – known model and actress in Tamil, Bollywood and Kannada Movies and is very popular for her work in films Venkatadri Express (2013) and Loukyam, (2014), Kick 2 (2015). She will also be seen soon in a Neeraj Pandey movie Aiyaari.
• Pooja Hegde (West Zone) –Pooja Hegde is an Indian model and actress who appears mainly in Telugu and Hindi Films. She then featured in the Telugu films Oka Laila Kosam and Mukunda (2014), while signing on to feature as the lead actress in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Mohenjo Daro (2016) opposite Hrithik Roshan.
• Pooja Chopra (East Zone) – Pooja Chopra is an Indian model and film actress. In 2009, she was crowned as the Miss India. She was also a semi-finalist at Miss World 2009 and won the Beauty with a Purpose award at Miss World 2009 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Chopra has won as many as 8 national and international titles in a single year. Chopra made her acting debut in the 2011 and has worked in Telugu Films such as Ponnar Shankar and in Bollywood as a leading lady, she had minor roles in Madhur Bhandarkar’s films Fashion and Heroine. She recently was seen in Vipul Shah’s action film Commando opposite Vidyut Jammwal, where she appeared in her first lead role. ). She will also be seen soon in a Neeraj Pandey movie Aiyaari.
Carrying forward the legacy, fbb – India’s Fashion Hub has come together with Miss India Organisation to look for India’s next pride. We are ecstatic to be the title sponsors of the pageant fifth year in a row.
“This association strategically complements with fbb’s brand objective of making India more stylish with the desire to democratise fashion.”- Rajesh Seth, COO, fbb, Future Group.
Talking about this partnership, Mr. Raj Nayak, COO – Viacom18 said, “After preparing Manushi Chillar to stand tall and shine in a tough battleground, fbb COLORS Miss India is back with double vigor and enthusiasm to hand pick the most brightest of the aspirants who will contribute to the society as well as make the country proud. At COLORS we have always worked towards empowering the women who are the harbingers of change and the same sentiment is being echoed by Femina Miss India beauty pageant, which makes this partnership truly a fruitful one.”
All the finalists of fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2018 will undergo rigorous training and grooming sessions from the best experts in the industry before the Grand Finale in June. With a dynamic and holistic approach towards coaching all the finalists, apart from the fame & glory the winners stand to chance to win prize in cash & kind to a core and above.