Salim – Javed Finally Win In The ‘Zanjeer’ Remake Case

Salim-Javed have settled for an out-of-court settlement with the producers of the remake of 'Zanjeer'. The film will now release as planned.
Salim-Javed have settled for an out-of-court settlement with the producers of the remake of 'Zanjeer'. The film will now release as planned.

ZANJEER-SALIM-JAVED05092013

MUMBAI: Recently, the High Court passed a verdict against screenwriters Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar, better known as Salim-Javed, saying that they would provide no interim relief, by allowing the ‘Zanjeer’ remake to release. (Read full story here)

Now Salim-Javed have finally found redemption in the entire situation. “A compromise has been reached and Javed and I are very happy,” Salim Khan said.

A source also added that a sum of Rs 3 crore was offered by the Mehras to Salim-Javed on Tuesday but they initially rejected the offer.

The source then said, “They met in court today and the judge asked the producer whether the original script was written by the plaintiffs, the reply was yes. The next question was whether their new film is based on the same script, the answer was again yes. The judge then told both the parties that they had till 4 in the evening to come to an agreement or otherwise the court will issue an order.”

There is no official confirmation about the sum that was given by the Mehras to Salim-Javed, though the buzz is that anything between Rs 3-5 crores passed hands.

Javed Akhtar, himself too mentioned that a “financial settlement” had been reached. Meanwhile, Puneet Mehra, one of the producers of ‘Zanjeer’, feigned ignorance. He said, “I have no clue about the money but yes I am aware that Salim-Javed have withdrawn their petition.”

Fans of the old and new ‘Zanjeer’ alike are now glad that everything is fine. The remake of ‘Zanjeer’ starring Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka Chopra, along with Sanjay Dutt, releases on 6 September, 2013.