[tps_footer]The South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) is a 2-day celebration to honour the copious talent in South Indian cinema in addition to bring fans and their favourite stars closer. This year it witnessed even more glitz and glamour with not only Southern but also Bollywood actors promenading the red carpet.
Film lovers come together on a global scale, to celebrate South Indian Cinema, while the others witness history being made on a global TV platform through breathtaking performances by some of the biggest stars from the industry. For the two past consecutive years, SIIMA was held only in the Middle East. This year, however, SIIMA was held on September 12th & 13th, 2014 in Stadium Negara, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, with much excitement, since Indians feel close to Malaysia.
The event witnessed the presence of several big names like Chiranjeevi, Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Sudheer Babu, Huma Qureshi, Sachiin Joshi, Devi Sri Prasad, Rana Daggubati, Adah Sharma, Neil Nitin Mukesh, veteran actor Karthik and Isha Talwar were also present for the occasion. Devi Sri Prasad, Adah Sharma, Shriya Saran and Regina Cassandra rocked the stage with their fantastic performances.
Huma Qureshi was spotted wearing a Ridhi Mehra outfit for the award show. Her side swept hair and statement neckpiece added to her looks. On the other hand, southern actress Isha Talwar swaggered in a yellow gown on the red carpet.
While actress Neetu Chandra opted for a fuchsia coloured sari, former Miss India World Pooja Chopra was seen in a blue gown that featured a mermaid silhouette.
Actor Saqeeb Salim looked rakishing in a bandhgala suit whereas Neil Nitin Mukesh chose a bandgala jacket by Shantanu and Nikhil.
Rana Daggubati looked every inch suave as he posed for the shutterbugs. Sachiin Joshi chose to attend all suited and booted at the SIIMA awards.
Actress Shriya Saran looked enticing in a Rajat Tangri outfit.
The Awards are presented in separate parts on two different days. Overall, the SIIMA 2014 Telugu film industry winners include:
(1) Superstar Mahesh Babu won the best actor award for his performance in 2013-blockbuster “Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu.” The actor had tough competition against other equally talented stars including Pawan Kalyan, Ram Charan, Prabhas, Nithiin and Venkatesh.
(2) Samantha won the best actress award for “Attarintiki Daredi“, whereas Trivikram Srinivas received the best director award. Trisha also won the best actress award for “Endrendrum Punnagai”
(3) Dhanush won the best actor (critics) award for his critically-acclaimed film “Mariyaan.” In Dhanush’s absence, actor Simbu received the award.
Dhanush then tweeted gratitude towards SIIMA and his fans and to Simbu for collecting the award.
(4) Simbu himself won the stylish star of south Indian cinema award.
(5) “Soodhu Kavvum” won the award for the best film.
(6) Sivakarthikeyan bagged the best actor award for “Ethir Neechal” along with the sensation of south Indian cinema award, and composer Anirudh won the best music director award for the same.
“Thank you SIIMA Awards for giving me the Best Music Director of the year 2013 for Ethir Neechal.My second SIIMA in two consecutive years :),” Anirudh tweeted.
(7) Ajith’s “Arrambam” won two awards including best supporting actor (Arya) and best dance choreographer (Shobi).
(8) Megastar Chiranjeevi was honoured for his contribution towards Indian tourism by SIIMA and Malaysian Ministry of Tourism and Culture.
Also See: See You, Love You, Miss You: Salman Khan