Amid the bitter relationship between India and Pakistan after the shocking URI attack, we look into some of the most celebrated relationships that involved cricketers and Bollywood stars. With no barrier in religion and country, many Bollywood celebrities found love accord the border. CLICK NEXT TO KNOW the most famous link-ups:
1. Sonali Bendre and Shoaib Akhtar: It was speculated that Sonali Bendre and Shoaib Akhtar were dating each other. It all started after Shoaib declared his love for her on national television. He said that if she would refuse his proposal, he would kidnap her! He later cleared to the media that he wasn’t actually dating her, but reports always said otherwise.
2. Sushmita Sen with Wasim Akram: Sushmita Sen, who is a mother of two adopted daughters – Renee and Alisah – had been linked up with many Bollywood actors. One of them also happened to be with Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram. Wasim’s name was linked with former Miss Universe and actor Sushmita Sen after they met in a reality show in 2008. Apparently, the couple broke off six-months. However, the actress always denied the reports. Wasim Akram and Sushmita Sen both had then dismissed rumors floating in the media of the two getting married. The actress also rubbished the reports and wrote on the micro-blogging site, “Hi guys!Been reading about my upcoming wedding with Wasim..ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!! Goes to show just how irresponsible media can be sumtimes! Wasim Akram is a friend and will always be one!! He has a wonderful lady in his life.. rumors like these are uncalled for n disrespectful!”
3. Tamannaah Bhatia and Abdul Razzaq: South star Tamannaah Bhatia was said to be in an alleged romantic relationship with Pakistani cricket team all-rounder Abdul Razzaq. It all started after they were spotted together at a jewellery store in Dubai. This came as a shock as the cricketer was already married and has children too.
4. Amrita Arora and Usman Afzal: Bollywood actress Amrita Arora and her London-based English cricketer beau Usman Afzal had parted ways after a four-year courtship. Things didn’t work out between the two due to long distance relationship.
5. Ashmit Patel and Veena Malik: After they met each other in Bigg Boss 4, Ashmit and Pakistani actress Veena Malik decided to take their friendship to the next level, but things didn’t work out for them. In one of the interviews, Veena talked about their break-up and reason to part ways, Veena stressed, “I realize he is a different person and I am a very different person. I was the one who called off the relation. I am a very brave woman and I don’t need to regret about the break-up. I am a very simple and religious person.” Well, Veena is currently living a happy life after the actress tied the knot with businessman Asad Bashir Khan Khattak in Dubai. Veena gave birth to Abram Khan Khattak in September 2014.